Team Bo Bell Family:
We continue to monitor & adhere to all requirements regarding the COVID_19 health concerns in order to ensure that all members of the Team Bo Bell Family are kept safe and not at risk. Actions that have impacted us so far:
- Suspended training at the Downtown Athletic Club due to its location being in direct association with a key Medical Center treating patients with a variety of medical conditions.
- Postponed participation in any tournaments or events that would have exposure to large audiences or attendees
- Suspended practices until further notice. Many locations are not willing to carry the liability and we can’t be certain of the level of cleaning that each location may have completed.
As with all decisions you make as a family regarding the COVID_19, we want parents to feel free to make the right decisions for your immediate families but also for the potential impact of others. 80%+ will not be affected by this virus. But we are relying on the 80%+ to help prevent the spreading of the virus.
- Continue to exercise caution and discretion for you and your family members. Refrain from attending events of large gatherings whenever possible. Most have already been canceled.
- Follow instructions of the WHO regarding sanitizing/washing hands frequently along with common surfaces (door knobs, faucet handles, hand rails, etc.). Sneeze and cough in shirt sleeve or napkin/handkerchief.
- Refrain from touching face & mouth with your hands unless they have been cleaned or sanitized. Be sure to share with family members and ensure healthy practices are in place.
- If you or anyone in your family show signs of illness, stay home and contact your physician via phone first before traveling to a clinic, office or hospital.
- If you have elderly family members and those with pre-existing medical conditions, be advised that this may not be the best time for them to be exposed to children or large groups
- Although the elderly and those with health concerns are of the greatest risk (like the flu), people of all ages are vulnerable to the COVID_19 virus. Children are less vulnerable to it. But can be carriers and pass on to someone else of high risk.
- Continue to drink plenty of fluids (water, Gatorade) for hydration and to keep mouth/throat moist. Helps to flush impurities into the stomach where there is acid versus breathing into your lungs. (something I heard today). Regardless, stay hydrated.
- No hand shaking or hugging. “Air High Fives” or “Air Elbow Bumps”
- Unfortunately, this is not a good time to visit individuals in Long Term Care facilities. Most facilities have suspended visitations.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out and share those concerns with us. We want to be transparent & understand this is a time of much uncertainty. It is important for us to stay in constant communication so that we can address any concerns you may have openly. But for now, our primary focus is to keep our Team Bo Bell Families safe.
We will continue to provide updates on a regular basis.
Team Bo Bell Board of Directors